Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Never have I wanted to burn bridges,

never have I thought things would end up this way.
As inevitable as it seemed,
I didn't want this to happen.
This is a person I once considered wanting to spend my life with,
a person with good morals and even better intent.
Someone who wanted nothing more than to make me happy.
Obviously I ruined it.
But with little regret.
We're living in two separate worlds,
with two separate ideas on where we should be and want to go.
He deserves to make someone happy,
and who reciprocates the feeling.

I wish he would see where I'm coming from,
and understand that I need this.
If our paths cross in the future,
maybe things will be different.
But at the moment, things are the way they are.
My heart is no longer in it,
as hard as it may be.

He gave me a taste of a different person recently,
someone who didn't stand up for me and didn't back me up.
And even though I was wanting to work things out,
after he did this, I realized I just can't do this anymore.

This has been one of the hardest things I've had to do.
He means the world to me,
and I hope things will be alright eventually,
even if right now it feels like I'm in a hurricane.

0 comments: