Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"You live too far away 
Your voice rings like a bell anyway 
Don't give up your independence 
Unless it feels so right 
Nothing good comes easily 
Sometimes you've got to fight."


I'm feeling so incredibly vulnerable right now.
Not telling people how I feel has become a part of who I am.
So when I decided to go against that tonight,
I must have had a moment of temporary insanity.
But my thinking was, "If he doesn't know how you feel, what good does it do you?"

I've gotten so incredibly talented at hiding my real feelings,
in all regards of my life.
I'm great at pretending.
It's something I don't think I want to do anymore.
I want to be real, I want to be me.
I don't want to worry about what others think of me
or how they feel about me.
Putting myself out there makes me feel real things,
and even if feelings aren't reciprocated, at least I did it.
I can't say I didn't try.
Because I'm sick of not knowing the true feelings of the other party.
This way, I know, and don't have to wonder.
Which is usually what drives me insane anyway.


Hopefully I don't get a response.

0 comments: