Sunday, June 28, 2009

i'm feeling somewhat somber today.
there's a knot in my stomach.
i'm not sure why.
i've been under a lot of stress lately,
but with the help of some awesome
family members,
a lot of that has diminished.
unfortunately, where one stressful situation
has been taken care of,
another one takes its place.
albeit, a little less threatening,
but there all the same.
i cannot seem to get content right now.
nothing is fulfilling enough for me.
and i certainly don't know what i want...
in regards to anything.
i've always been indecisive,
but lately i've gotten ridiculous.
especially in regards to my heart & feelings.
lately i'm thinking i don't want to be tied down.
i like having the freedom to come & go as i please.
not having to answer to anyone is amazing.
because having someone breathing down my neck,
constantly asking me what i'm doing and where i'm going
is just not something i want to deal with anymore.
as much as i care about the ex,
i'm glad we've gotten to a point where
we can let each other do our own things.
it's finally starting to feel like we're not a couple anymore...
almost a year later.

wow.
realizing it's been almost a year
since we haven't officially been a couple.
that's really weird.
moving away was probably the best thing i did.
as hard as it's been, i'm glad i did it.
it's made me see things from a different perspective.
it's made me grow up a little bit.
something i needed to do.
he's still one of the people i'm closest to,
and probably always will be.
but, for now, we're friends...
and, for now, it's best that way.

...totally got off track with that.

anywho,
i think i'm gonna try to get out of town
next weekend.
have thurs-sat off.
i know it's the 4th,
but whatevs.
i need a beach & some color in my life.
capitola sounds amazing.

or
...anyone wanna go to greece? ;)




1958-2009 ♥

4 comments:

Short Chick said...

I understand what you mean....w/ me sometimes I'm like "I have it all, but for some reason I'm not happy/content" make sme feel like a spoiled brat in a way. But you can't always control how you feel...sometimes it's just that way. Maybe some new friends, new experiences would help shake things up and help. Enjoy just being a single girl and get back to just being "YOU" what makes Mercedes the happiest? try to fill each day w/ something you totally enjoy and maybe it will make you feel better <3 Good luck hun!

merc. said...

you're totally right.
i need to find what makes me happy,
without the help of a boyfriend or
being in a relationship.
thanks for the advice, love :)

Short Chick said...

any time!! ;)

Things I like to do that make me happy...watching GG, 90210,One Tree Hill etc. and enjoying that my bf just doesn't get it lol

Painting my toes a bright crazy color (and sometimes taking it off like 10 min later haha)

Making a really good sandwich and just relaxing and realizing I'm lucky to have food,and nothing to do but relax and enjoy it. Sometimes I'm simple lol

It's super hot out...enjoy walking around the house in super short shorts or whatever keeps u cool, blasting some Britney and be a rock star!! I think that's on my list for today :)

merc. said...

i definitely need to make a list of things that make me happy.
then it'll be easier to do them more often ;)
thanks again, you're awesome!